Harry Sheezel is a rising prospect in Australian rules football and a rugged future star of AFL.
The young player is regarded as a top prospect for the national draft in 2022, according to the media on the outside. Despite seeing the discussion, Harry is trying to restrain himself as, like most others, he enters the season wanting to risk everything.
He played his junior career at Ajax junior and later joined Victoria Metro under 18 squad, to which he currently pledges royalty. Sheezel was chosen last week to the NAB League Boys’ 2022 Team of the Year.
His goal-scoring prowess as a forward, his deft touch in the middle of the field, and his penchant for turning games around has become eye-catching among many teams. This further enhanced his chances of being selected in the top 10 of the AFL Draft in November.
Quick Facts About Harry Sheezel
|Full Name||Harry Sheezel|
|Born||October 13, 2004|
|Height||6 ft (184 cm)|
|Profession||NAB League Player|
Is Harry Sheezel Jewish? Ethinicity And Origin Explained
The young athlete Harry Sheezel belongs to the Jewish ethnicity and praises highly of his community.
Australian Jewish News is happy to share the news of two Jewish boys up for a new challenge. One, of course, is a former Ajax player and present U18 Victoria Metro rep Harry Sheezel, and the other is former AJAX player Simon Glasman’s son Ziggy Toledo-Glasman.
Jewish athletes have long been underrepresented in the AFL; the few that have made it to the highest level include Todd Goldstein, Ezra Poyas, and Julian Kirzner. Sheezel is a dynamic forward with many trickeries near the goal and he has amassed noticeable fans in the country.
He spent his early career in the only Jewish football team in the nation, the club based in Melbourne’s inner suburbs, Ajax. It was also around this time that Sheezel, who is projected to go in the top ten picks at this year’s NAB AFL Draft, began to notice the upsurge of support among the Jewish community for his growing football career.
He said after he was picked for the NAB AFL draft, “There hasn’t been as many Jewish footballers lately to make it into the AFL, so it’s kind of special to hopefully be the first one in a while.”
5 Facts You Need To Know About The NAB League Star Harry Sheezel
- A future of AFL, Sheezal was born in Australia on October 13, 2004. He currently plays for the under-18 aged groups for Victoria Metro. The 17-year-old player will soon turn 18 in a few weeks in October.
- Harry Sheezel stands at a decent height of 6 feet (184 cm), and his muscular body weighs around 77 kg (170 lbs). The fact that Harry was left out of the interleague division one under-15 squad was beyond his teammates’ comprehension, adding to the sense of unfairness for a player long regarded as a leader among his peers.
- Sheezel attended Mount Scopus, one of the top Jewish schools in the nation, where he learned the Hebrew language. The 17-year-family old’s observes Jewish rituals and customs each year, with his grandpa being the most devout follower.
- He joined NAB AFL league side Sandringham Dragons in 2021 and has bagged 37 goals, with 32 this season only in 13 games. Currently, the fourth top scorer in the league scored a hat trick against Gippsland Power on Saturday, September 10, 2022.
- The thrilling Sandringham Dragons prospect, who projects as a top-10 choice at the November draft, partners with another excellent Dragons player Will Ashcroft, one of the consistent players in the league