The 90 th Oscars The Oscars ceremony is fast approaching. The Academy Award of Merit, better known by its Oscar moniker, is scheduled to be held at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California at 5:00 p.m. PST on March 4, 2018, to honor the best movies of 2017. For those who wouldn’t make it live at the ceremony, this article will help you know how to watch the Oscars 2018 Live Online stress-free.
The annual event which is widely described as as usual, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) will present some deserving winners with 24-karat gold statuses. The statutes are designed as a figure of a knight holding a crusader’s sword, standing on a film reel, with five rays signifying the original five branches of the Academy (actors, directors, producers, technicians and writers) and Jimmy Kimmel , the world renowned comedian is expected to host the show. This will be his second year to host the show. The event will be available through a wide range of streaming options. Let’s see the best sources available to watch the Oscars.
How to watch Oscar 2018 live with ABC Go
Prio at this time, the annual Oscars ceremony is broadcast only on television and radio channels, but with advances in technology, live streaming is becoming one of the most appropriate ways to watch important ceremonies such as this prestigious cast. of rewards.
The ABC Go is one of the best ways to streamline your important shows. ABC, an acronym for American Broadcast Corporation, is one of the largest American television networks and its online service is known as ABC GO.
The ABC Go offers free VOD streaming of shows using Unlocator – a DNS service that allows you to unblock and watch ABC shows outside the United States using devices such as laptops, computers desktop, mobiles, Android, Mac, iPhone, iPad and various other devices available with them.
Thanks to the ABC Go DNS service, viewers from all over the world are allowed to use streaming services regardless of their location. No speed loss and viewers are allowed to try it for free – no credit card needed. All you need is to get the free Unlocator account and set up DNS Unlocator on any device you want. The Unlocator spoofs your online location, tricking ABC into thinking you’re actually located in the United States. Again, the locator rating does not affect or change your public IP address or internet speed. A US cable subscription is also required to tune into ABC and watch any of the available episodes.
How to Watch the Oscars 2018 Live Stream Online Using the ABC App
The ABC app is another way you can comfortably watch these live shows, including the most exclusive star-studded event, on your devices anywhere, anytime. The ABC app works with iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire mobile devices as well as set-top devices like Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. By owning a participating TV provider, which supports the WATCH ABC apps you’ve downloaded from the App Store, you can watch the Oscars live online on any of your supported devices.
Steps to protect your connection while streaming
- Connect to any available ExpressVPN server location in the United States
- Visit http://abc.go.com/apps
- Download the app on your favorite device
- Search Oscars 2018 Live Streams to find out if Oscars Live Stream is available in your country
Watch the 2018 Oscars Online Using a VPN
You certainly won’t be able to unblock Sling TV or ABC Live without virtual private network (VPN) providers that offer the user secure and anonymous browsing. With VPN software, you unlock access to websites from any geographical location to enjoy these free streaming sites. A quality VPN is a safe pass to unlock the internet. You can find both free and paid VPN services. Although many free plans offer useful features, paid plans usually have a number of advantages
How to Watch the 2018 Oscars Using VPN
- Also download and install the VPN software on the respective device.
- Connect to the nearest VPN server located in the United States which will be closer to your location for optimal speed
- Once logged in, go to Sling TV and sign up for the one-week free trial. Be sure to select the correct channel package with ABC!
- Tune in March 4 and watch the Oscars from anywhere.
To sign up for the 7-day Sling TV for a free trial
- Log into Sling.com and click the blue box under the header image that says “Watch Now 7 Days Free” or “Get This Deal”
- Enter your email address and a new password, then click the register button
- Select Sling orange, blue or combo orange and blue
- Scroll through additional channels and choose ABC if available in your location
- Enter your credit card details but don’t forget to remember when the 7-day free trial ends so you can cancel your subscription. This is because Sling will start charging you once the free trial day is over.
How to Cancel Live Streaming on Sling TV
- Return to slingtv.com on your phone, computer or other electronic device and access your account in the right corner of your screen
- Log in again, if you were logged out, then click Cancel Subscription.
Watch the 2018 Oscars live on Facebook
Facebook is another medium through which you can comfortably watch the Oscars 2018 Live. All you have to do is Login/Register if you don’t have a Facebook account; then proceed to https://www.facebook.com/TheAcademy
Interesting facts to know about the Oscars and the 2018 Oscar nomination
There are indications that the 90th Academy Awards will be more surprises than fun, especially for award winners. Here are some facts about the Oscar 2018 event that might interest you.
- This year, more female filmmakers will be nominated for awards with Rachel Morrison – the cinematographer on Mudbound – being the first woman to receive a cinematography nomination.
- Mary J. Blige is also, for the first time, nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Mudbound AND Best Original Song for “Mighty River.”
- Dee Rees is the first black woman to be nominated for adapted screenplay for Mudbound and only the second black woman overall to be nominated for writing (Suzanne de Passe nominated for original screenplay of Lady Sings The Blues’ in 1972) .
- For the first time in Oscar history, two lead actor nominees, Timothée Chalamet, Call Me By Your Name and Daniel Kaluuya for Get Out, are both in their 20s .
- Jordan Peele will be the first black director to receive three nominations: Best Director, Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay. It will also make him the fifth black man nominated for Best Director.
- Also on the list of surprises is Denzel Washington, who is in the process of regaining his 8th nomination for performing and increasing his own record. It will also make him the most nominated black actor in Oscar history. He won twice, for Glory and Practice Day. He also has a Best Picture nomination for Clôtures, which he directed and co-produced.
- 18 NBA star Kobe Bryant is an Academy Award nominee for Oscar MVP thanks to his collaboration with artist Glen Keane and composer John Williams for the short film Dear Basketball
- Christopher Plummer, nominated for a supporting role for All the Money in the World will also be the oldest acting nominee in Oscar history.
- Get Out is the first Best Picture nominee released in February since The Silence of the Lambs.
- Logan, a 2017 American superhero film, produced by Marvel Entertainment, TSG Entertainment and The Donners’s Company, and distributed by 20th Century Fox, is the first superhero/comic book film nominated for Adapted Screenplay.
- Armie Hammer, Golden Globe nominees Call Me By Your Name and Hong Chau ( Downsizing ), as well as Wonder Woman, received no nominations this year.
- Steven Spielberg in The Post Office and Martin McDonagh Three Billboards were also among those left out of the Best Director category, despite directing two of the most acclaimed films of the year.
- It takes almost three months to make 50 3½-inch tall handsome devil statuettes called Oscars.
- As the 2018 Oscars are still a private event, his ticket which costs only $5 is still not available for sale to the public.
- The first Oscars were held in 1929, at a private dinner for around 270 people. The winners were presented at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, Los Angeles, CA.
- The Oscars Academy Award trophy has its official name as Academy Award of Merit. The nickname Oscars is obtained from Academy librarian Margaret Herrick, who said the little golden man looked like his uncle Oscar.
Because the winners are kept secret, the Academy generally does not know how many statuettes to hand out
until the envelopes are opened. To avoid running out of statuettes, the academy then makes a surplus of statuettes and if there are leftovers, they are moved to the coffers of the Academy until the following year.
- The Dolby Theater in Los Angeles hosted the Academy Awards, which seats 3,400 for 14 years
- The Oscars stand 13.5 inches tall and weigh 8.5 pounds, and every first-time winner of the award would usually comment on the weight of the statuette.