Accounting Jobs in Nairobi
Accounting Jobs in Nairobi can be divided into several fields including financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, and tax accounting. Financial accounting focuses on the reporting of an organization’s financial information, including the preparation of financial statements, to external users of the information, such as investors, regulators and suppliers;and management accounting focuses on the measurement, analysis and reporting of information for internal use by management.The recording of financial transactions, so that summaries of the financials may be presented in financial reports, is known as bookkeeping, of which double-entry bookkeeping is the most common system.
Accounting is facilitated by accounting organizations such as standard-setters, accounting firms and professional bodies. Financial statements are usually audited by accounting firms, and are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles .
Skills and qualifications required for Accountant Jobs in Kenya
- Requires a BBA in finance, Bcom in accounting, or related field.
- CPA finalist
- Requires5 or more years general accounting experience.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the fundamental theories, doctrines, systems, principles, practices and terminology of accountancy.
- Must be PC literate with knowledge of computerized bookkeeping software, spreadsheet and word processing software; spreadsheet skills must be sufficient to enable incumbent to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications and management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily data entry into Quickbooks: petty cash, spoilage, daily expenses
- Daily reconciliation of Yum’s statements
- Oversight on the collection of all receipts, filing, and processing
- Monthly reconciliations in Quickbooks for: bank statements, mpesa statements, etc
- Creation of monthly invoices for corporate customers.
- Create excel spreadsheets to help staff record expenses.
- Ability to create invoices and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with KRA, NSSF, NHIF, and PAYE.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounting Job Type
Finance Jobs in Nairobi
Finance Jobs in Nairobi are responsible for financial planning, forecasting and reporting coordination across all the business unit line-of-businesses, as well as the overall financial processes and financial integrity. They work closely with various finance teams, strategic planning and corporate groups. The mandate of the finance Job teams is to deliver insightful financial information and analysis to the executive team to influence decision making and drive greater profitability, while ensuring financial integrity.
Responsible for all the activities relating to central accounts and financial reporting which include ensuring proper GL maintenance, GL accounting and transaction processing and reporting as per bank’s financial accounting policies, accounting for subsidiaries for consolidation of group accounts, GL and other reconciliation and compliance with necessary financial controls relating to the above activities and to monitor and follow up on Core Banking System Internal Differences.
Finance Manager Roles:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Funds Management
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
Qualifications for the Finance Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations