Quick Facts Of Prince Royce
|Celebrated Name||Prince Royce|
|Nick Name||Prince Royce|
|Birth Name||Geoffrey Royce Rojas|
|Net Worth||$14 M|
|Eye Color||Brown – Dark|
|Place Of Birth||New York, New York, USA|
|Best Known For||Stand by Me|
|Salary||Will Update Soon|
|Source of Wealth||Singing Career|
|Married Date||29th March 2019|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Weight||Will Update Soon|
|Awards||Tropical Album of the Year, Grammy Award, and more|
Prince Royce is an American singer and songwriter. He wanted to become a singer from his childhood. His birth name is Geoffrey Royce Rojas but he adopted the stage name “Prince Royce” at age of sixteen. He released his debut studio album “Prince Royce” in 2010 which became hit in a short time and it debuted on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart at number 15, it also reached Number 1 on the US Billboard Tropical Albums Chart and finally reached Number 1 on the US Latin Albums. He has won 20 Billboard Latin Music Awards, 13 Latin Grammy Awards nominations, ten Billboard Music Awards nominations, 19 Premios Lo Nuestro Awards, and more which make him America’s most successful singer.
On July 3, 2020, Prince Royce stated that he has tested positive for COVID 19 on social media and also shared an important safety message with his fans.
Prince Royce has performed atDemocratic National Convention 2020 along with Billie Eilish and Jennifer Hudson. He performed his bachata version “Stand By Me” during the third night of the Democratic National Convention.
He is also active in social media platforms with around 12.8 m followers on Instagram @princeroyce and around 6.5 million followers on Twitter @PrinceRoyce. He has also an official YouTube channel with over 8.24 million subscribers.
What is Prince Royce famous for?
- Famous as an American singer and songwriter.
- His singles ‘Stand by Me’ and ‘Corazon Sin Cara’.
Where was Prince Royce born?
Prince Royce was born in The Bronx, New York City, New York, the USA on May 11, 1989. His birth name is Geoffrey Royce Rojas. He was born to father, Ramon Rojas who was a cab driver and mother, Angela Rojas who worked at a beauty salon. He has three siblings. His both parents were from the Dominican Republic.
Prince Royce holds an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Taurus. His religion is Christianity.
Prince Royce’s Career Highlights
- Prince Royce has started to compete in talent shows and also participated in the choir during his school days.
- He had started making music with a partner named Jino at the age of fifteen. They were also known as “Jino and Royce, El Duo Real”.
- When he was sixteen, he adopted the stage name “Prince Royce” and started making music with his longtime friend and record producer Donzell Rodriguez, and Vincent Outerbridge.
- On March 2, he released his debut studio album “Prince Royce” which became hit in a short time. The album debuted on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart at number 15, it also reached Number 1 on the US Billboard Tropical Albums Chart and finally reached Number 1 on the US Latin Albums. The album became one of the most popular albums of the year and it earned him many nominations and awards.
- In April 2011, he collaborated with Puerto Rican reggaeton artist Daddy Yankee on the song “Ven Conmigo” and in the next month, he signed with Atlantic Records.
- On April 10, 2012, Prince Royce released his second studio album, “Phase II” which became a huge success. It debuted on the Billboard Tropical Songs chart at number 1 and also reached number 1 on the Billboard Latin Songs chart. The album was certified platinum in the US and Puerto Rico six months after its release.
- On November 19, 2012, he released his compilation album, #1’s which was a collection of his hits. The album was debuted on the Billboard Latin Albums chart at number 3.
- Later on, he signed a record deal with Sony Music Entertainment to release his third Spanish-language studio album under Sony Music Latin and debut English-language recording under RCA Records.
- In 2013, Prince Royce appeared as a coach in an American singing competition television series ‘The Voice’ which broadcasted on NBC.
- On October 8, 2013, he released his third studio album, Soy el Mismo and reached number 14 on the Billboard 200 chart, number 1 on multiple Latin charts. It was also certified three-times platinum in the Latin field.
- In 2015, Prince Royce sang the song ‘My Angel’ for the popular American action movie ‘Fast & Furious 7’.
- On July 24, 2015, his fourth studio album, Double Vision was released which was also his first album to be primarily recorded in English. The album includes singles such as ‘Stuck on a Feeling’ which featured Snoop Dog, ‘Back It Up’ which featured Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull, ‘Double Vision’ which featured Tyga and ‘Dangerous’ featured Kid Ink.
- In 2016, Prince Royce made an appearance in a TV series ‘East Los High’, which aired on the Hulu Network. In the same year, he also played Saint Peter in an American music TV special,’The Passion’ which was broadcast by Fox.
- On February 24, 2017, his fifth studio album ‘Five’ was released by Sony Music Latin. It includes collaborations with several artists such as Shakira, Chris Brown, Zendaya, Farruko, Gerardo Ortiz, Gente de Zona, and Arturo Sandoval.
- Prince Royce appeared as a judge in a Spanish-language reality talent show, Pequenos Gigantes USA in 2017.
- In 2019, he appeared in an American musical reality competition television series, Lip Sync Battle.
- Prince Royce released his sixth studio album, Alter Ego on February 7, 2020, by Sony Music Latin. It includes seven singles such as “El Clavo”, “Adicto”, “Curame”, “Morir Solo”, “Trampa”, “Dec. 21” and “Cita”.
- The album includes collaborations with artists such as DaniLeigh, Marc Anthony, Wisin & Yandel, Zion & Lennox, Manuel Turizo, and Maluma.
Prince Royce’s Awards and Nominations
- In 2013, Prince Royce received the ‘La Musa Award’ which was awarded by The Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Prince Royce has won 20 Billboard Latin Music Awards till 2018 including Latin Artist of the Year, New (2011), Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year (2012), Tropical Albums Artist of the Year, Solo (2013), Latin Pop Songs Artist of the Year, Solo (2014), Tropical Songs Artist of the Year, Solo (2017).
- He has received nine BMI awards from nine nominations in the year 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- He has received 13 Latin Grammy Awards nominations since 2010 till 2018 including Best Contemporary Tropical Album for Prince Royce in 2010, Best Tropical Fusion Album for Phase II in 2012, Record of the Year for Darte un Beso in 2014, Best Urban Song for Back It Up in 2015, and Best Contemporary Tropical Album for Five in 2017.
- He has also received ten Billboard Music Awards nominations in the years 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- He has won 19 Premios Lo Nuestro Awards from 2011 to 2017 including Tropical Album of the Year (2011), Tropical Song of the Year (2012), Tropical Male Artist of the Year (2013), Tropical Traditional Artist of the Year (2014) and Tropical Artist of the Year (2017).
Prince Royce’s Wife
Prince Royce is a married person. He married actress Emeraude Toubia. The couple has been dating since 2011 and publicly confirmed their relationship in April 2016. In June 2017, they got engaged and finally got married on November 30, 2018.
Prince Royce’s Height and Weight
Prince Royce is a handsome guy with fair skin color. He stands at a height of 1.73 m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall and his body weighs around 72 kg (158.73 lbs.). His hair color is Dark Brown and his eye color is Also Dark Brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Prince Royce’s Net Worth
Prince Royce has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer and songwriter. His major source of income is from his music career. As of August 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $16 million. There is no information about his salary and other Assets.