Natasha Lyonne is an American actress, director, producer, and writer. She is the recipient of two Screen Actors Guild Awards, 2015 and 2017 respectively for her work in the American Comedy-drama series “Orange Is the New Black”. She also won the Young Hollywood Awards in 2000in the category of Best Ensemble Cast for her outstanding performance in the American teen comedy movie “American Pie”.
Natasha Lyonne begin her career as a child model after being signed by the Ford Modeling Agency. She made her acting debut in 1986 aged six in the children’s TV series “Pee-wee’s Playhouse”. Her debut feature film was “Heartburn”(1986) where she played a small uncredited role. Apart from her appearance in films, she has also been portrayed in notable series including Russian Doll (2019–present) where she also serves as a director, writer, and executive producer.
IIn 2018, Lyonne co-founded the production company Animal Pictures with Maya Rudolph. The first project Animal Pictures green-lit was the comedy film “Sarah Cooper: Everything’s Fine”, which Lyonne directed. She made her New York stage debut in the award-winning New Group production of Mike Leigh’s “Two Thousand Years”.
Natasha Lyonne Famous For
- For playing Nicky Nichols on the Netflix comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black (2013–2019).
- For portraying Jessica in the American Pie film series (1999–2012).
What is Natasha Lyonne’s ethnicity?
Natasha Lyonne was born on 4th April 1979 in New York City, U.S. Her birth name is Natasha Bianca Lyonne Braunstein. She holds an American nationality and belongs to the Jewish ethnic group. Her star sign is Aries. She was raised Orthodox as her parents were of Orthodox Jewish heritage.
Lyonne’s father Aaron Braunstein was a boxing promoter, race car driver, and radio host. Her mother, Ivette Buchinger was born in Paris, France, to Hungarian-Jewish parents who were Holocaust survivors. She spent her childhood in New York City and Israel along with her older brother Adam.
Lyonne attended the Ramaz School, a private Jewish school, where she was a scholarship kid. After some time, she moved with her mother to Miami where she studied at Miami Country Day School. She left before her senior year of high school to attend a film program at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. She also attended New York University for a short time, studying film and philosophy.
Natasha Lyonne Career
- Natasha Lyonne begin her career as a child model after being signed by the Ford Modeling Agency.
- She made her acting debut in 1986 aged six in the children’s TV series “Pee-wee’s Playhouse”.
- Her debut feature film was “Heartburn”(1986) where she played a small uncredited role.
- Her first major role came in the 1993 American family comedy film “Dennis the Menace”.
- At the age of 16, she made her acting breakthrough with the musical film “Everyone Says I Love You” released in 1996.
- Two years later, she starred in the independent feature film “Slums of Beverly Hills”.
- In 1999, she appeared as Jessica in the highly successful teen comedy “American Pie”.
- In 2004 she played in an American superhero horror film “Blade: Trinity”.
- She provided the voice for Loretta Geargrinder in the 2005’s computer-animated movie “Robots”.
- She was seen playing in the 2010 horror movie “All About Evil”.
- In 2015, she played in the films: “Sleeping with Other People”, “Hello, My Name Is Doris” and “Addicted to Fresno”.
- In the following years, she played in the “Antibirth” and “Yoga Hosers”.
- “Honey Boy”, “Ad Astra”, and “Irresistible” were some of the movies ( she played in 2019 and 2020.
- In 2021, she starred as Tallulah Bankhead in the biographical drama film “The United States vs. Billie Holiday”.
- Her upcoming movie is DC League of Super-Pets where she has provided the voice for Merton, which is set to be released on July 29, 2022.
Is Natasha Lyonne married?
Natasha Lyonne is currently assumed to be single. Just a few months ago, she broke up with her latest boyfriend Fred Armisen, an American actor, comedian, and musician. The former couple began dating in 2014 after their mutual friend Maya Rudolph introduced them to each other. The public didn’t know of their relationship until they were spotted lip-locking at Netflix’s post-Emmys party in 2014.
However, Rumors of Natasha and Fred breaking up began spreading after Natasha was spotted out with the mystery man at the Malibu Chili Cook-Off in 2021. In April 2022, while promoting Russian Doll season 2, Natasha publicly announced their breakup. Previously, she was linked to Michael Rapaport (2005), Adam Goldberg (2001 – 2004), Edward Furlong (1998 – 1999), and María Celedonio.
How much is Natasha Lyonne worth?
As of May 2022, the net worth of Natasha Lyonne is estimated to be the US $5 million. She has managed to earn a huge income through her successful career in the filming industry. She has gone on to appear in more than 100 film and television projects in her three-decades-long acting career. She charges around $500 thousand to $1 million for her role in the movies. She also makes extra income through her endorsement deals.
How tall is Natasha Lyonne?
Natasha Lyonne is 5 ft 3 inches tall and weighs around 60 Kg. She has an hourglass-shaped body figure. Her attractive body measures 36-26-35 inches (Beast-Waist-Hip). She wears a 40B(US) size Bra and a 10(US) size dress. She feels comfortable wearing 6.5 (US) size shoes. She has a pair of unique green eyes which is her distinct body feature. She looks elegant in her long and straight hair which is blonde in color.
Did You Know?
- She began to live independently at age 16.
- She loves to joke a lot.
- She was once suffered from hepatitis C.
- Her grandparents were Holocaust survivors.