- Source of Wealth: Music
- Age: 60
- Birth Place: Decatur, Georgia, United States
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Marital Status: Partner (Thomas Dozol)
- Full Name: John Michael Stipe
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: January 4, 1960
- Ethnicity: English and distant German
- Occupation: Musician and Songwriter
- Education: University of Georgia
Michael Stipe has an estimated net worth of $75 million. He is an American singer born in Georgia and is the lead vocalist of the alternative band named R.E.M. He is known for unique mumbling style of singing songs and surreal lyrics. His other profession includes Record Player, Television Producer, Visual Artist, Musician, and Lyricist.
His rock band was formed in the year 1980. The first single of the group became an instant hit on the college radio, later turning into an international success. This band enjoyed success through 1990’s. The group produced their very first album after signing a recording contract with I.R.S Records in the year 1983. Critics loved their songs the album was awarded the Rolling Stone’s Critics Award for the “Album of Year. Michael Stipe is an active member of R.E.M till now.