- Source of Wealth: Music
- Age: 75
- Birth Place: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Marital Status: Married (William McDowell)
- Full Name: Gladys Maria Knight
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: May 28, 1944
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Occupation: Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Businesswoman, Author, Philanthropist
- Children: 3 (Kenya Newman, Shanga Hankerson, James Newman III)
Gladys Knight is a very successful singer-songwriter, author and actress with a net worth of approximately $28 million, the bulk of which is generated from singing and songwriting.
Gladys Knight was born in Georgia on May 28th, 1944 and her singing career has spanned and incredible 6 decades. The peak of her fame was in the 60s and 70s with her group, Gladys Knight & the Pips and as recently as 2013 she recorded a song with Lenny Kravitz. She has won an impressive 7 Grammy awards, three of them with The Pips and four as a solo artist.
American born Gladys, also known as ‘The Empress of Soul’ has been married four times and has three children. Despite being in her late 60s, Gladys leads an active life and in 2012 she appeared as a competitor on Dancing with the Stars
Outside of her music career she has various business interests, is an actor, a keen author and is involved in various humanitarian activities.